Friday, March 30, 2007

Neat Firefox Shortcut and More Handy Display Config Candy

I accidentally discovered an awesome shortcut in Firefox today. I wanted to switch to a workspace in fluxbox, but my sausage finger excuses for fingers pressed Alt+4, not F4, of their own volition. Serendipitously, Firefox had focus at the moment, and I was surprised to see my current tab switch... With confusion and adumbrated glee, I tried my mistake again. It turns out that Alt+NUMBER switches to that tab in the current Firefox window, handily similar to workspace switching. It is a great shortcut.

On an unrelated note, I was still having problems getting my fonts to look how I wanted in fluxbox. A friend directed me to try running "gnome-settings-daemon" (add "gnome-settings-daemon &" somewhere in .fluxbox/startup) at boot. Upon doing this, my fonts automagically looked as they should. I don't know what it does exactly, but run it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home